Although we do not have an immediate opening for an Exhibit Designer at this time, we are always on the hunt for exceptional design talent and will create a position for someone who's the right fit.
Exhibit designers at Sparks function as integral members of the design staff, providing quality, custom exhibit / trade show booth design for Sparks customers.
We offer a diversity of clients and projects as well as the opportunity to create a niche, fill a void and explore. Our work culture appeals to self-directed, flexible team players, who have great interpersonal skills, learn quickly, work efficiently and are comfortable working under pressure. We're a highly collaborative group working closely with multi-disciplinary team members, account teams, estimators, and detailers.
- Design creative eye-catching tradeshow exhibits and estimating your designs (80%)
- Computer experience with CAD software. Experience sharing 3D design files with partners, graphic and project managers department. Engineering in a concurrent effort to produce stylish, functional solutions while also reducing the time to market.
- Demonstrate solid design sense through each project that includes space, measurement, form, volume and color.
- Clearly and professionally present ideas and designs to partners and client during design meetings via face-to-face, phone, and email (20%)
- Take design direction from the partners, client, sales representatives and Department Manager.
- Operate effectively under time constraints and meet deadlines.
- Display solid orientation toward services and be cost conscious.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Qualified applicants could have an education in one of the following: architecture, environmental design, retail design, interior design, industrial design, exhibit design or experiential design. Experience is helpful but not as important as creativity, intelligence and the right attitude. We are looking for individuals with passion, drive and motivation; as well as exceptional communication and design skills.
Successful candidates will possess:
- Leadership: Outstanding leadership abilities are crucial in order to motivate and collaborate with diverse creative teams.
- Communication: Excellent communication skills will be needed to develop and present creative concepts.
- Creativity: In order to drive top notch creative solutions in multiple specialties, an ability to immerse oneself in our clients’ brand, culture, products, and marketing objectives is indispensable.
- Strategy: The ability to think strategically and aid in research, strategy, and experience mapping is helpful.
- Design Visualization: Applicants must have the necessary skills to present creative solutions, the following methods are acceptable: 3D modeling, concept sketching, environmental branding, creative writing, floor plan/space development, presentation layouts, control drawings, and familiarity with Adobe Suite software.
- Knowledge: A working knowledge of technologies, materials, building techniques and event production methods is key
Please submit your resume and either attach or a provide a link to your portfolio.